Assembling the tuner PCB.
For safety reasons, every
through-hole solder connection MUST be shortened at the bottom side of the PCB, until enough
free space remains between the underside of the PCB and the bottom of the aluminum casing.
As an extra safety measure, you should glue or tape a piece of polyester sheet onto the cabinet bottom surface. But keep ventilation holes open.
Solder components in this order :
- Capacitors (except C100)
Keep the specified types in mind (FILM / Elco / Tantalum / Ceramic) !
Solder iron temperature : 260 C. Use a THICK bit
with wide tip.
Put a little electronical soldering fluid onto the to be soldered pad.
Try to minimize soldering time to under 10sec.
Let cool down well after every point soldered.
- Diodes D105 and D106. They are cooled via their solderings.
- Solder the cooling tab of VR1 onto its PCB cooling surface. This is the cooling point for VR1.
- Solder its pins to the PCB.
- Screw and solder
Mains filter NF (see "safety").
- Solder C100 well in mechanical contact with the PCB surface. Fix it to the PCB with a bit of glue.
Also solder :
- Two insulated wires for pot meter R15 ("M+CW" and "CCW").
- Two insulated wires for the LED
- One blank wire for each BNC center pin
Later on, the ground lugs of the BNCs can be soldered directly onto their designated ground surfaces on the PCB's corners.